google-site-verification: google70410e9e92d4fda2.html

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Something For Baby

Before I talk about todays project, I have to de-stress to you, my captive audience. Why? Well I had a nightmare of a day yesterday. My eldest son is currently living with us, having been on long term sick leave having had major surgery in November 13, Yesterday was meant to be a 2 hour round trip to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore for his latest MRI scan. Simple I hear you say ... hmmmm .... but if I were to say M25, would you go ahhhh!!! Yes it took us 7 hours .... that's right, 7 hours it took for us to get home. There was no-where to take a comfort break until 5 hours into the return journey, Only a month until our next round trip for the results of another test ... I am so not looking forward to that trip ha ha

So how did I chill out? First I had a big hug from my hubby, then I went to feed my guinea pigs and  pygmy goats. That on it's own helped to reduce the tension that was thrumming  through my body. But what REALLY helped my tension disappear was sitting with my new Stampin Up Catalogue and making my final decisions on what I was going to order first thing in the morning .... that was my ahhhh Bisto moment

And that swiftly brings me on to todays project. This time it is a 3D project. I make 3D projects all the time, but rarely blog about them. I promise to blog more of them in future.

This canvas was a bespoke order for a customer, and I had to wait until the pre-order started for us Demonstrators, before I could order the stamp Set I am using today ...

SOMETHING FOR BABY


The two little bunny's are not from the stamp set, but everything else is,

I began by stamping the baby-grow images in Lost Lagoon ink (one of the new Incolours), and Pool Party. These were die cut using the co-ordinating Framelits Dies (save 15% on ordering the bundle).

I then die cut the letters, and Stampin Up are now doing an Alpha Die Set similar to the one I used here, and applied the lettering to the baby-grows. These were then given a couple of coats of Pod Podge (Lustre high gloss).


Next I used Hello Honey ink to stamp the Ducks, and Lost Lagoon was again used, this time for the Pram. These were also die cut and then given the Mod Podge treatment.

Whilst waiting for these elements to dry, I created the background on the 8" canvas.
For the sky I punch an scallop oval shape from scrap cardstock and used this to mask areas as I used Lost Lagoon to sponge the clouds in the sky. Next I used the scallop border punch to die cut a strip of scalloped cardstock, which was used to mask the lower section of the  canvas to create waves for the ducks to swim on. I used a combination of Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft sky inks to sponge the waves.

Finally, thepram, ducks and baby-grows were adhered to the canvas using Dimensionals. A piece of coastal cabana Thick Bakers Twine and attached this to the reverse side of the canvas using a Staple Gun, and used mini pegs to attach the baby-grows to the bakers twine.

The project was finished by die cutting the babies name  to the centre of the canvas.
I hope you like my 3D project and would love you share some of your projects with us by leaving comments below.

Table built using Product Table Builder by The Crafty Owl - Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

If you are interested in placing an order, or would like to enquire about out bespoke handmade card service, please contact us by:

Email: stampinupatthewarren@hotmail.co.uk
Telephone: 08432896848
Text: 07759587004

24/7 Online Ordering:

http://www.stampinupatthewarren.stampinup.net


Click the image of the catalogue below to go for a browse through the new catalogue







Post a Comment