google-site-verification: google70410e9e92d4fda2.html

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Stamp Set Showcase Week 12 (3)

VISIONS OF SANTA
DAY THREE

Todays blogpost is using another of  Stampin Up's Kraft gift boxes
This time it is the turn of  the 
9cm x 9cms x 6.4cms Kraft Box


As you can see, this box doesn't look like a Kraft Box does it? ... well maybe you can see a teeny amount of the box  at the corners
But I couldn't resist the fairisle paper from the 
Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack
It reminds me of knitting fairisle jumpers for myself & my family when I was a young Mum with 2 sons. It was my way of passing the time as I sat on the train commuting to and from London.
I used to knit because if I started reading, I just fell asleep and I never wanted to be one of those dribbling sleepy commuters, falling in the lap of others!
It may be 30 years later, but I bet nothing has changed on the commuting train he he


Anyway, the Kraft boxes come in packs of 4, working out at less than £1 per box - so much cheaper than buying gift boxes from the shops, and this way you get to personalise them your way, and with flair!
Full instructions come with the boxes, but they are easy to put together as they come flat packed and as one piece (basically a fold flat box).
Even if, like me, you like to make gift boxes, we are limited by the restriction of making boxes from 12" x 12" cardstock. So this way you can go large

To decorate your box you need to cut the following pieces of DSP:

1 of 9cms x 9cms
4 of  9cms x 6.5cms

I attach the DSP to the boxes using teeny amounts of Tombow Glue, but the new Fast Fuse adhesive would also be a good and permanent alternative


For the tag, I used the Chalk Talk framelits. The large tag has been die but, and then dry embossed using the Festive Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) using Old Olive cardstock
I stamped the jolly Santa in black Stazon ink onto Real Red cardstock.
The white outline and santa kisses were drawn freehand using the white uniball gel pen.
Santa's eyebrows, bears and cuffs were given the same treatment.
This tag was then die cut using one of the smaller dies in the Chalk Talk framelits pack.
This was then layered onto the larger tag using Stampin Dimensionals
The tag was then attached to the box using a piece of 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon

And that is one perfect little gift box ready and waiting for you to fill it full of goodies for the little ones in your life ...


If you have any questions on techniques, orders, products etc., please ask away by adding comments below, or you can contact me via:-

Email:       kim@stampinupatthewarren.com
Telephone/Text:07759587004
OR





No comments: